Big Island Attractions | Going to Hawaii
Are you visiting Big Island? Our Big Island Attractions Guide features a list of Big Island Attractions and Big Island Things to do that you can enjoy during your visit to Big Island.
Hawaii’s Big Island is, well, 'big'...the Big Island features 11 of the world's 13 climate zones, so on one island you can experience, some of the wettest spots on earth to dry, coastal, desert strands, to barren, snow-capped mountains to hot humid, lush tropical forests to black sandy beaches.
It is understood that the Big Island offers an incredibly diverse environment ready to explore and enjoy with a variety of Big Island Attractions, including:
- Big Island Volcanoes National Park: Explore the Kilauea, the world's most active volcano to Mauna Loa, the earth's most massive reaching 13,677 feet above sea level.
- Big Island Helicopter Tours: impossible to see – except through the air! Think about the hidden waterfalls or fresh lava flows, and what about the lava lakes in the Halema’uma’u and Pu’u O’o craters the Kilauea volcano.
- Explore Big Island Beaches: Here you’ll find not just white sand beaches but black sand and green sand beaches with olivine crystals. And along with beautiful Resort beaches, Hawaii Island also has rugged, off-the-beaten-path sands that are wild, remote and rewarding.
- Discover Kealakekua Bay: Kealakelua Bay is known for crystal clear water, amazing Spinner Dolphins and some of the world's most incredible coral reefs teeming with 100's of species of tropical fish.
- Visit Waipio Valley: Take in the scenic viewpoints of this picturesque valley, and the waterfalls, wild horses and wilder black-sand beach tend to beckon explorers.
- Akaka Falls State Park: A short trek through a lush rainforest filled with wild flowers, colorful foliage, and Bamboo groves reveals the 100-foot Kahuna Falls first and then a bit further you're presented with Akaka Falls that plummets 440 feet to the collection pool below and is perhaps most famous waterfall of all the Hawaiian Islands.
There are 100's of incredible Big Island Attractions to choose from, certainly more than you can hope to experience in just one visit, but see our Big Island Attractions Guide below and begin planning a memorable trip to Big Island.
View our Big Island Travel Articles to read interesting articles about this island paradise.