Oahu Events, Race for the Cure, Honolulu Event

Oahu Events | Race for the Cure

The Race for the Cure is an Oahu Event that raises money for breast cancer research.

Date: 
October 18, 2015
Address: 
Kapiolani Park

Runners and spectators can enjoy the Race for the Cure – an Oahu Event that brings survivors and others together to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

About the Race for the Cure:
Susan G. Komen Races for the Cure take place all over the country. The organization is 1 of the leaders in fundraising to find a cure to breast cancer, and Oahu is the most beautiful backdrop for this important Event.

On race day, breast cancer survivors, those who have lost a loved one to the disease, and people who just want to support finding a cure, will gather at Kapiolani Park to walk or run in the 5K race. A 1-mile fun run is also available for those who are unable to do the 5k. Each runner or team of runners is asked to do some fundraising, and the goal of the Oahu Event is to raise $200,000. When a city hosts a Race for the Cure, 75% of the money raised stays in that community while the remaining 25% supports national programs of the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Participating in or attending this Event is a popular Thing to do in Honolulu, and it is about much more than running a race. It is also a time to honor breast cancer survivors and remember those who lost their battle against the disease. After the race, there is a survivor recognition program, and it is a touching part of the Event.

Live entertainment and a health and fitness expo also take place during the Race for the Cure. Many stay long after the race has ended, enjoying the music, making new friends, remembering loved ones, and, in many cases, making plans to return for next year’s Event.

2015 marks the 21st year for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Oahu, and organizers are hoping that runners will exceed the $200,000 goal. With 100% of the net proceeds going to breast cancer research, this is an Oahu Event that is easy to get behind.